When it’s your wedding you want to make sure that everything is special, not only for yourself but for your friends and family too! There are so many different ideas to execute. Among them, one is to plan for a return gift for your guest those who had grace your wedding. The concept of choosing best return gifts is there for years in different countries. The question is why should you give a return gift during the wedding?
Why Give Return Gifts?
Many couples may argue that what is the need of giving wedding gifts? The following will give you many reasons why should you plan a wedding return gift.
- It is the best way to express your gratitude towards your guest. You show appreciation to your loved ones that they have taken out time and being a part of your happiness.
- When you give a return gift to your guests you say thank you with a smile. The return gift can be anything, but it shows that you loved their presence and is thankful for that.
- A return gift will be taken by the guests to their home. It marks the happy moments that they have spent at their place. They will remember this day whenever they have a look at the gift.
- Opting for best Return gifts is a good way to make your relationship stronger. Guests can see your effort in choosing the gifts and see your love for them. It builds the relationship stronger.
- In many cultures, it is believed that if you give a return gift to your guests it brings good luck for the new couple.
Importance of Return Gifts in Different Countries and Culture
While giving return gifts is common in different countries, the concept of the type of gifts given in different countries varies from one country to another. This is mainly for the culture that is followed in different countries. While choosing a return gift you must remember that it shows your appreciation for your guest and is the best way to say thank you! Thus, it should be such which resembles your mindset.
Whether it’s a wedding or housewarming party, you plan for a return gift for your guest. In different countries, it may vary from one another but still, people love giving unique and best return gifts. Like in India, if you are attending a baby shower the guests will be given something in return gift that will remind the guest of the occasion and also pray well for the coming baby, like a God idol. At the same time, in the USA the return gift for a baby shower will not be a God idol, but it may be a box of Confetti!
When it comes to wedding return gifts in most European cultures wine is considered to be the best return gift, but in eastern countries like Japan and India, you will never give wine as a return gift. This happens because of the tradition that prevails in these countries. While choosing return gifts you must also remember that few things are considered taboo for different religions. Thus, you must not gift them those things in return. As for a Muslim, alcohol is a big no-no! Thus, never think of gifting wine in return if your guest is from the Muslim community.
For countries like France when you are planning your wedding gift you need to plan out something that goes well with the culture. As mentioned wine is a good idea, apart from that you can gift chocolate hampers. Whatever, the country or culture is returning a gift shows your gratitude and love for your guest and that is what’s most important.
To End the Note
While you plan your wedding there are so many things to plan, amongst them return gift is most important as it shows that you are overwhelmed with the presence of your guest. At the same time, it should be budget friendly as you have to buy quite some for all guests. Before you finally choose something do some research for best return gifts that can be given in your country. Be it Canada or UK, you will always find that there is something unique that will remind your guests of your wedding even after years.